[vlc] Re: cache and mac os x

db lists at drunkenbatman.com
Fri Mar 12 05:30:41 CET 2004

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:23:09 +0100, Halm Alexandre wrote:
> his must be due to a cache parameter which i didn't find in the
> preferences. Maybe this should be made parametrable (or findable if
> this option already exists).

Under Preferences>Modules>Access>access_file there is a cache parameter in ms, which might help, there's also a setting under saout. I played around with them (bumping up to 3000 and such) to look for a difference, and the movies certainly took longer to load, hinting at caching, but I couldn't tell if it was really making a difference... it seemed as though it was, but there's the whole placebo thing, plus OSX may have been caching stuff already. I haven't gotten around tracking them with fs_usage or sc_usage :(