[vlc] Re: qte-guiserver

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Wed Mar 17 23:02:41 CET 2004

Austin, Brian wrote:

>I found that vlc for qte just does a memcpy to the frame buffer.
>This will just write on the frame buffer, and not pay attention
>to the console it is running on.

Correct, that is why I started a complete rewrite.

>I'm going to put the memcpy in an if to check that we are only on
>1 console.  When not at the original console the memcpy will not
>run.
>This is only a quick solution.  I have a demo due soon, and not
>enough time to really fix it.

Try anything that works ;-)

>Jean-Paul, Would you like some help in writing the qte gui?

Someone (Bas Mevissen) has already started on that. Ask him if he can
use some help. I send you his e-mail address directly in an other e-mail.

--

Many greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman

Consultant
VLC iPAQ maintainer                    http://www.videolan.org
RedHat Certified Engineer         RHCE number: 807202745005548