[vlc] subtitle font size adjustable?

Tom R. no spam tr5374 at csc.albany.edu
Fri Mar 19 21:29:31 CET 2004

I'm starting to try VLC in Mac OS 10.2.8, on
a 900MHz combo drive G3 iBook.

It seems that among the VLC Preferences is one
which has a field for subtitle font "size", as
such plus as "points" when in advanced.  Trying
different stuff with these never produces any
change of on-screen (iBook, TV, or videotaped
image later played to TV) font size.  I'm trying
to play a commercial DVD for someone with
somewhat limited eyesight; ideally to videotape
the DVD with larger subtitles so they can view
it at their leisure.

What am I missing/don't I understand?, or is it
that increasing subtitle size can't be done?  From
reading materials at the videolan site, including
vlc forum stuff, it seemed this should work.  TIA.