[vlc] Re: What is the proper way to get help with VLC?

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed Mar 24 16:37:23 CET 2004

Terry Jackson wrote:
> I am at a stumped, and please tell me
> if I have not posted correctly,
> or if I have not sent my problem to the
> proper list.
>
> I have been asking now for several weeks
> about the issue with Video CDs, and
> no one has answered my posts, here or in the VLC forum.

Then noone knows the answer
VLC is a collabarative effort. we help eachother when we can. when we
can't, we say nothing. VideoLAN is a project with a very large userbase
and a developer/support crew that is way too small to provide sufficient
user support, let alone commercial quality type support. It's open
source. if you don't like it, fix it yourself.

> In all good faith, I cannot speak highly of
> VLC, due to IMHO, poor or utter lack of support.

Who said we garantee support. It's not like we are being payed.
We spent as much time as we can spare on this.
We are always ready to answer questions, many people can testify, but
only if we know the answer.

> Even if I received a simple statement,
> "We are aware of the problem, and are working to resolve it.
> In the mean time here is the workaround" response, this would be
> better than no response at all.

No one apparently knows.

> So Please, inform me as to where I need to send my reports
> of my problems with both versions of VLC ( 0.62, and 0.71a)
> trying to get it to play Video CDs.

God ?

DJ

P.S. sorry, i'm having a bad day :)