[vlc] Re: [?????? <junwhan.kim at samsung.com>] 12 TS Packets in VLS and VLC

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Mon Mar 29 21:53:40 CEST 2004

Remi Denis-Courmont wrote:

>Now, I am implementing a function for communications with 12 TS packets between
>VLS and VLC.

Did you enlarge your networks MTU ??  If not you should. Make it
12*188+RTP_HEADER_LEN at least !

>The value of TS_IN_THER in VLS is set to 12, so it successfully transmits a RTP
>packet including 12 TS packets.

Well, it tries to ;-) Unfortunately most networks have a MTU of 1500
which is just large enough for 7 TS packets + RTP_HEADER_LEN.

>And also VLC receives the packet. But unfortunately, there are many error
>massages in VLC

Of course you are sending truncated packages using UDP and they will not
be glued back together by VLS or VLC.

> - PTS is out of range (1677031) dropping buffer,
>
> - Late Picture Skipped error.
>

>So, VLC does not work. How can I fix VLC?

Fix the network ;-) that will work.

--

Many greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman

Consultant
VLC iPAQ maintainer                    http://www.videolan.org
RedHat Certified Engineer         RHCE number: 807202745005548