[vlc] [Streaming] A big amount of frames dropped

Olivier olab at netcourrier.com
Mon May 3 00:47:22 CEST 2004

Hi, I've got a problem with the 0.7.2-test2 version of VLC when I want to stream to another computer.

I choose to stream a File (divx with subtitles or not, doesn't matter, with a DVD neither) from one PC to another (WinXp on both), by HTTP, using TS or Ogg muxer, and when I'm trying to see the result on the remote PC, ouch! almost every frame is dropped, sometimes messages are saying my Computer maybe to slow, but I tryied to stream from one PC to another and another to one, the same problem persists. Furthermore, the CPU isn't overloaded (max 10%). With the cvs version of 25 march (i think), no problem of
speed (well subtitles doesn't work but in 0.7.2-test2 all it's ok for this).

Olivier