[vlc] Re: teletexte

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Tue May 4 22:13:01 CEST 2004

My french isn't that good, and this is a english speaking language,
however i'll give it my best shot"

You want to ADD teletext info to your stream?
VLC has no support for decoding let alone encoding of teletext (vdi)
into it's stream.
With some help of a library like zvdilib and using TV cards on linux it
might actually be able to decode this rather easily. However i don't
think anyone is interested in this functionality within the team atm,
and there isn't much time available to work on such a thing either.

Encoding this information into a stream isn't easy at all, and i don't
think there is currently any opensource program that can do this.
This would be a very difficult problem to tackle I think.

The team is always ready to answer any questions on VLC you might have
in this area, but will probably not assist in any true coding for this.

Debian is no problem, QNX hasn't been tested in a long long long time
if i remember correctly. i'm doubtful if it will compile in a single
try.

DJ

On 03 mei 2004, at 22:39, info wrote:
> Messieurs,
> j'aurais besoin d'un support teletexte pour un projet de diffusion
> d'information gratuite pour les pays en voie de développement ou les
> intervention de crise (pompiers). Je ne trouve nulle part mention de
> ce support. Je ne suis pas un pro de ce domaine. Ma question est :
> - un tel support ne semble pas disponible d'aprés mes recherches ?
> - serait-il complexe à développer ?
> - pensez-vous qu'un membre de votre équipe pourrait nous conseiller
> sur la meilleure voie à suivre. Aprés on apprenda et on travaillera.
> - les plateformes envisagées sont Debbian et QNX ? Cela pose-t-il un
> problème ?
> Merci de votre aide.
> Cordialement
> jfc morfin