[vlc] Re: Question about Streaming and capturing with VideoLAN

Benjamin PRACHT bigben at via.ecp.fr
Fri May 7 23:18:08 CEST 2004

On Fri, May 07, 2004, David DiCosmo wrote :
> Using VideoLAN,
>
> can I play a DVD using the streaming wizard, have it stream out in MPEG2 Transport Stream format, and then capture that MPEG2 TS stream and record it to a hard drive on a PC?  I'm trying to create video content that can be used for testing purposes for a Digital TV Broadcast system.  I am using several Set Top Boxes which can only receive and decode MPEG2 TS streams but I don't have any content to use for testing.  I was under the impression that I can stream MPEG2 TS streams using VideoLAN and a DVD player and capture save the output into a file onto a PC's Hard Drive,  Thanks,

That's possible indeed...

Have a look here :

http://www.videolan.org/doc/videolan-howto/en/ch05.html#id2859237

and here

http://www.videolan.org/doc/videolan-howto/en/ch09.html

(this is  also feasible using the  streaming wizard / the  stream output
bdox in the open file box.

--
$(echo "BigBen")

Oui je quote, et alors ?