[vlc] Re: How to do a live stream with minimum latency?

Alexander Isacson alexander at isacson.info
Fri May 14 23:58:52 CEST 2004

I haven't tried hardware encoders but I'm very curious about any results
you get. Please let me know. My guess would be that you won't be able to
go lower then 500ms, but that's just of the top of my head. The BT878
has about 500ms latency just showing the stream on a local screen (from
what I hear).

I would also like to know what the latency is from a network camera
streaming motion JPEG or similar.

--
Alexander Isacson <alexander at isacson.info>