[vlc] Re: trancoding to RGB live feed (Camera like feed)

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Wed May 19 16:36:05 CEST 2004

On 19 mei 2004, at 12:19, Jeroen Heijhoff wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Does anybody know if it is possible to transcode any incoming stream
> to a live RGB feed (output stream) like it was a Camera feed?
> greetings,

fen says: maybe a transcode{vcodec=RV24}:std{mux=raw... will work (we
need to check) I know that works for I420.

So it's not really tested, and of course, many of these camera feeds
often use weird methods and hacks, so actually imposing as one might be
almost impossible. Secondly beware of the large amount of data RAW
video creates. you will most probably need lower framerate/resolution
then the original video. Then again, if you are working at Noterik, i
guess i shouldn't have to explain that :)

> Jeroen

mvg uit Nederland, Derk-Jan Hartman

> --
> Jeroen Heijhoff