[vlc] Re: h263 in RTP

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri May 21 15:09:33 CEST 2004

This usually happens if there is an error in the SDP that is
negotiated, or if the stream is RTP without true RTSP support.
As far as i can see H263 should work under normal conditions..

I tried to access the link, but apparently it's not online, or not
accesible for me at the moment, so I cannot give a definitive answer as
to what is the problem.

DJ

On 21 mei 2004, at 12:12, Cavalera Claudio wrote:

> Hello,
> I'm having problems to open rtsp stream with vlc, when the stream
> contains h263 video.
>
> Debug messages:
> livedotcom error: MediaSession::createNew failed
> main error: no suitable demux module for
> `rtsp/live://172.31.77.6/public/c/h263/delpiero_64_2.3gp'
>
> I've captured the traffic on the wire: vlc does the usual DESCRIBE and
> OPTIONS  rtsp requests, but doesn't proceed with SETUP and PLAY.
>

> The url plays well with other players but not with vlc.
> I think the problems lies in h263 video, because mpeg4 video works
> fine.
> Maybe the problem is that vlc can't handle h263 in RTP?
> Regards,
> Claudio

----
Universiteit Twente