[vlc] Re: h263 in RTP: is h263 2000 supported?

Cavalera Claudio Claudio.Cavalera at icn.siemens.it
Tue May 25 11:07:15 CEST 2004

Me too. Probably I've been misunderstood so I'll try to make my point
clear.
Here is what I think, please correct me if I'm wrong.
VLC tries to play H263-2000 RTP subsession with livedotcom library.
Livedotcom library does play H263-2000 when used stand alone (outside of
VLC), see http://www.live.com/openRTSP/
In the other email I've pasted a log of an RTSP session which goes
through SETUP and PLAY of the RTP H263-2000 subsession.
Livedotcom library also support AMR audio in RTP, which VLC doesn't
support yet as clearly stated at
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/features.html
BUT according to the same web page, VLC supports H263 and H263i.
I dunno what H263i, maybe this means that VLC plays H263, H263+ aka
H263v2 aka H263-1998 but NOT H263-2000?

Thanks,
Claudio