[vlc] Re: VOBSUB and VLC?

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri May 28 13:17:59 CEST 2004

First you should be using VLC 0.7.2 of course.
VLC 0.7.2 partly supports VOBSUB, but only on unscaled files. So if
your avi is smaller in resolution then the original DVD, then the
VobSub will show up garbled or not at all. Therefore VobSub support is
disabled for the unknowing users. And it only supports the first track
atm. no more.

Patches to fix this are welcomed. I don't think this will be fixed
otherwise for some time to come.

DJ

On 28 mei 2004, at 11:14, Daniel Süsstrunk wrote:
> Good day
>
> I'm producing DivX-.avi-Files using major4's ffmpegX.
> I usually include subtitles (that results in two additional files .idx
> and .sub).
> I can watch these movies using mplayer and perfectly display or not
> the subtitles.
>
> But actually, I like VLC MUCH more than mplayer for it's graphical
> interface.
> Unfortunately, I'm not able to configure VLC to display the subtitles.
> If I select the .sub-File in the open-dialog, I see in the menu
> 'Video' that it recognises one track of subtitles, but it does not
> display any of it.
> Do you have an idea how I could get subtitles to work?
>
> I use vlc 0.6.2 and ffmpegx 0.0.9i
>
> Best regards,
> Dani

----