[vlc] Re: position window

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Wed Nov 3 17:25:27 CET 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 16:26, Philippe De Neve wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> can anybody tell me what the command line options are to postion the video
> window? I want to start 2 vlc's at the same time and they need to be side
by
> side (Instead of one on top of the other).

Use the --video-x and --video-y config options.

> Besides of this, does anybody has an idea of how I can synchronize  the
> playback of the files?

So I assume you're playing the same source twice. To have them synchronised,
the best way would be to use one instance of vlc to stream the file and 2
client instances. This should be enough to synchronise the 2 clients but if
it isn't perfect, you can try the netsync module. Use --extraintf netsync
on both clients and one of them must also have --netsync-master while the
other must have --netsync-master-ip=ipmaster instead.

--
Gildas