[vlc] Re: Why fullscreen navigation feature missing ?

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Thu Nov 4 22:19:58 CET 2004

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004, F.G. wrote :
> Hi,
>
> I use more often this pklayer because of mess around codecs which are
>  bugging each other ! But the point is that this player does not have
>  an important : while plyaing fulscreen I am still looking for a
>  navigation bar as soon for exemple I move my mouse in order to get
>  forward or to change the volume !??? I tried in any menu even in
>  preferences.. but I can't see nothing around ? Ok i am a french user
>  maybe I did not find it properly, in this case languages support would
>  be great !

Well, you have 2 ways to access VLC controls when in fullscreen mode:
- Hotkeys : Most of VLC functions can be controlled through hotkeys. The
  list of available ones and their binding can be found in the
  preferences, hotkeys tab. Bindngs can be modified there to
- It is also possible to have the controller appear when the mouse
  pointer is moved to the upper part of the screen. To enable that, you
  can open the preferences, go to the Interface tab, select "advanced",
  and write "showintf" in the "extra interface" text input. Save and
  restart VLC. (please not that this is an experimental feature)

--
BigBen