[vlc] vlc for windows - streaming

Falcon falcon at clubinfo.bdeb.qc.ca
Sat Nov 6 06:11:14 CET 2004

Hello,

I use VLC for windows to stream videos over the net, or rather i have tried. I know how to set up my network config to make it all work, but i am unable to attain my goal.

Here is a little backround. My girlfriend has gone to college and she is too far away for me to go see here every week. I was overjoyed to see how easy it was for me to configure vlc to stream videos over the net. The only problem is that the client who wishes to view the stream actually acts as server. This is very problematic as she cant actually set her router to do this.

I was wondering if there is any way for me to be the server in the true sense of the word, basically her inputing my adress and not having to open up any ports.

Thanks
Sadi Dessureault