[vlc] Re: Vlc and WindowsCE 5.0

Rick Davis rickdavisjr at comcast.net
Thu Nov 11 03:22:41 CET 2004

Gildas,

	What is supported now under WindowsCE 5.0 is DirectDraw, no
DirectSound. I have been adding the UNDER_CE defs to the code. I just need
to figure out why it appears to work but yet doesn't draw anything. It looks
to me like the surface being updated isn't visible or something. I am in no
way a DirectDraw expert and have no clue what is going on. Frankly, I have
yet to figure out how the DirectDraw interface works on the Desktop. I don't
have enough knowledge of the interworkings of VLC. I think what I am going
to do is see how the GDI interface which works interfaces to the
video_output portion of vlclib. I don't understand how the overlay/page
flipping works. I don't see anywhere in the code where it actually writes
anything. I see one Blt call in Display(...) if overlays aren't used. I have
tried the --nooverlay switch, it calls the Blt function, doesn't complain,
yet nothing is displayed. The window is solid white.

--
	Rick Davis