[vlc] Re: Vlc and WindowsCE 5.0

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Thu Nov 11 00:50:01 CET 2004

On Wednesday 10 November 2004 21:10, Rick Davis wrote:
> Gildas,
>
>  I actually tried that and it builds OK but it doesn't do anything.
> It just puts some text in a window. I couldn't get it to do anything, all
> menu entries are disabled. Also DirectX looks like it is for a previous
> version of WindowsCE. I can't compile it without commenting out some code.
> It uses multimon.h which doesn't exist in WindowsCE 5.0.

Ok, I asked you to use 0.8.0 because the author of the WinCE port on
sourceforge (http://sourceforge.net/projects/vlcpocketpc/) has not been
seen around for quite some time and has never submitted its changes back to
us. In short, the project is outdated and seems to be dead.

Now, it is true that things are missing in the WinCE port in 0.8.0. Like the
the starter code (vlc.c) but this one shouldn't be difficult to fix or the
WinCE interface which could be ported over from the vlcpocketpc code but
would require quite a bit of cleanup.

As for DirectX, I thought it wasn't available on WinCE. Has this changed
with WinCE 5.0 ? If it has, then a patch excluding the offending code with
an UNDER_CE define will be welcomed.

--
Gildas