[vlc] Capture device..Osprey 200

Oddvard Myrnes oddvar at teamsail.no
Fri Nov 12 19:45:26 CET 2004

Hi

I am new to VLC and have some startup problems. I am running Suse 9.1 and
have installed Rainer Lay's RPM's. They work ok, but I have some problems
connecting to my capture device. The device is a Osprey 200 videocard which
wor ks fine with the bttv driver shipped with Suse 9.1. The card works fine
with the KDETV application. Colors and video qualety are good. When I try to
start capture from VLC, I get the message: "v4l demux error: Chroma
selection failed..." and nothing is shown on the video panel but the sound
is OK. To get more info, I add the debug interface and select messages in
the view menu. Among a lot of outputs, there are two lines; "v4l device uses
l422 chroma" the next line "chroma selection l422 refused.

If I diconnect the video from the card, reboot my computer and re-connect
the video, I get video and sound but no color. If I restart my X-server it
is all back to the same. Can anybody tell me what is wrong? Can it be
related to my display XVideo driver? If so, how can I debug it?

PS. How can I search the mail archives with keywords?

Oddvard