[vlc] How to tune a dvb card?

Josef Wolf jw at raven.inka.de
Sun Nov 14 14:28:34 CET 2004

Hello!

I have trouble to get my DVB-S card working.  I have created a ~/.dvbrc
file with the satscan utility from the libdvb.  Then I tried the following:

  vlc --program 28006 \              # should be program ZDF
      --dvb-adapter 1 \
      --dvb-frequency 11954000 \
      --dvb-srate 27500000 \
      --dvb-satno 1 \                # Astra is on diseqc position 1
      --dvb-voltage 18 \             # Polarization H
      --sout stream.mpg

The stream.mpg is created (4 bytes long) and nothing else happens.

Any Ideas?

BTW: Is the .dvbrc file still needed with those new-style options?

--
Please visit and sign and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw at raven.inka.de --