[vlc] Question About DVD Playback

Juan Palacios samuel75214 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 16 18:53:22 CET 2004

Hello Staff,

     I had a questiona bout latest free version of
VLC. The downloads.com website says it plays dvd's but
my question would be does it support all DVD ROM IDE
Devices? Or do i need to have my original dvd drivers,
codects, or whater there called. Other software
automatically install all dvd roms paperwork for the
pc and allows to watch a dvd movie. Am I making sense
here? errr. Like WINDVD 4 auto-detects all DVD players
and allows for playback does your software autodetect
dvd players or should i stick to windvd. Im not sure
if your software is a player only or also provides dvd
autodetection for playback. You know waht i means?
Hopefully you do. Do i need my dvd's original
software?
thanks. Juan.