[vlc] vlc-0.8.x : xv crash

Sebastien Fievet sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Sun Nov 21 14:48:56 CET 2004

Hi all,

I successfully compiled vlc-0.8.1 yesterday, but it dies badly each time
it starts playing a video stream through the Xvideo ouput. vlc-0.8.0 behaves
exactly the same. For both,  x11 and glx output do work but xv doesn't.
This happens whatever the video format is.
On the other hand, vlc-0.7.2 works fine for me, so i stick with it at the
moment, but i would prefer to upgrade to 0.8.1!

Last time, vlc-0.8.0 died with the following message :

The program '' received an X Window System error.
The error was 'BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)'.
  (Details: serial 77 error_code 2 request_code 12 minor_code 0)
[msmpeg4 @ 0x40361008]get_buffer() failed (uv stride missmatch)
pure virtual method called

My configuration (in case it helps) :
k6-2 500,