[vlc] Re: Early picture / Late audio

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Mon Nov 22 18:29:10 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 22, 2004, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote :
> 1) Is there a varibale that can be adjusted to increase the
> maximum gap between audio and video packets acceptable ?

You can try increasing the buffer size in the options of the livedotcom
access_demux plugin. Howevdr, it isn't sure it will solve all your
issues. By design, VLC is quite sensitive to clock issues...

> 2) If yes, is it possible to increase this value by default since
> other players has a bigger value and getting end-users to adjust
> this value manually is a support nightmare.

It would be possible by recompiling the player, or distributing a
tweaked proeference file (ok, both solutions are a pain...). I don't see
any way to give VLC parametters using the RTSP channel (Thi could could
perhpas be implemented in a totally incompatible way...)

--
BigBen