[vlc] Re: help on buffer

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Nov 26 21:49:57 CET 2004

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004, niranjan arigai wrote :
> Hi,
>     I had mailed here before but I did not understand what ms is? can you please
> explain on it. Also please let me know where I need to make the
> changes for changing the buffer size. The following is the reply that
> I got from you.
>
> "VLC does most of it's buffering after demuxing the data. The buffer sizes
> are given in ms with a set of command lines switches on the format
> --protocol-cache (--http-cache --file-cache etc).

ms states for milisecond...

All the options of vlc are available either from the command line, using
the abover switches for instance, or using the preferences panel of one
of the graphic interfaces (in the options of the access modules, in that
case). For the specific case of caching, thox can also be set directly
in the open dialog box, in the wxwindows interface.

--
BigBen