[vlc] Re: VLC & FedoraCore3

Rev. SmokeyT. Burnout Esq. smokey at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 03:17:34 CET 2004

   I would like to let you know some of the packages that were needed
to get VLC to run on FedoraCore3. This may be old news to you all, but
if is not I hope that this helps.
RPMS needed...
compat-db-4.1.25-6.i386.rpm
gnome-libs-1.4.1.2.90-44.i386.rpm
mozilla-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-chat-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-devel-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-dom-inspector-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-js-debugger-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-mail-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-nspr-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-nspr-devel-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-nss-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozilla-nss-devel-1.7.3-17.i386.rpm
mozplugger-1.6.2-1.i386.rpm
ORBit-0.5.17-14.i386.rpm

   This was done with using Mozilla 1.7.3-17. You will notice that
Fedora no longer uses Mozilla as the default browser, but uses Firefox
instead.
   Will you create support for Firefox someday? I hope so, it is an
excellent browser for all OS's.
   I would to thank you all for your hard work with this player (VLC),
it is the best player for all OS's too. It is the only one that I use
for video, and it ROCKS!!! Please, keep up the good work. Thank you.
~SmokeyT.