[vlc] One minor annoyance

Gordon Adler hanszarkow at arcor.de
Sun Nov 28 16:55:25 CET 2004

Hello guys!

I am using VLC for Mac OS X. When it made the move to version 0.8 one
minor annoyance came to pass. I'm watching videos on my attached t.v.
set. In version 0.72 I would set the video output to this t.v. set and
it would stay there until told otherwise. Now with 0.8 the video output
(precisely the 'Full Screen' command) will revert back to the primary
video device for each new video file. So instead of just clicking a
video file and watching, I have to switch the video output every time.
I prefered the old system - maybe you could bring it back, at least as
a preferences option.

Thanks,
Gordon

P.S.: And why does VLC take 5 seconds to quit in 0.8? And there's
always an error message - the one with the "cancelling destruction"
dialogue, which is only funny the first 20 times...