[vlc] Loading time for embedded vlc grows

Peter Maersk-Moller peter at maersk-moller.net
Mon Oct 11 11:54:52 CEST 2004

Hi

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but no references in the
FAQ was found.

I'm embedding 8 (RTSP streamed MPEG-4) movie references for
(8) VLC (players) in a single web page. I then use Mozilla
1.7.3 on WinXP (SP2 - argh!) to view the page. All vlc-embedding
starts with autoplay off.

The first time I load the page, it takes about 4 seconds at 100% CPU.

Doing nothing else than just reloading the page, it takes now
approx 7-8 seconds at full CPU. Reloading the page, it now
takes 11-12 seconds etc. Leaving for another page and the
coming back, it now takes 15-16 seconds to load the page etc.

It also seems like every reload allocates more and more memory
Mozilla.

Taking a wild shot from the hip, I'd say that every time a
vlc plugin needs to be loaded, it loads all previous vlc instances
again plus a new one etc.

Exitting Mozilla and starting resets the loading time.

Kind regards

--PMM