[vlc] [aaron at bport.ca] VLC Player Logo

Antoine Cellerier dionoea at via.ecp.fr
Mon Oct 18 02:07:03 CEST 2004

----- Forwarded message from aaron at bport.ca -----

From: aaron at bport.ca
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:09:57 +0100
To: antoine.cellerier at videolan.org
Subject: VLC Player Logo

Hello from Canada. I have been using VLC player for a very long time and have
loved it's functionality and versatility. It was the only player that would
work for me in some situations, and I have even given it to others who found
they couldn't play something, and could after using VLC.

I have designed a logo for VLC Player. Included are 5 versions. The reason I
have done so is because I would like to see VLC development for Pocket PC. I
would gladly design anything graphically related to a Pocket PC version of VLC,
in any way my abilities and time let me.

These logos took me 3 hours. I drew it on paper, scanned in the image, traced it
with Illustrator, made a 3D model of a pylon with 3dsmax and finished off the
logo with Photoshop. The full size graphic is 2800 x 800 at 150 dpi. These are
much smaller versions than the original.

Please respond relating to me either designing a logo for Video LAN. Or working
on anything graphically related to a Pocket PC Version of the VLC Player. Now
that Pocket PC's are starting to have 16MB of video RAM (Dell Axim x50v) it
would be easier to have incredibly high end video play well on a Pocket PC. The
time is right now because there is very little competition in the area of good
video players for the Pocket PC.

Thanks you for your time, I look forward to a response.

Aaron in Canada

----- End forwarded message -----

Those logos can be found here :
http://people.via.ecp.fr/~dionoea/VLC-logo/