[vlc] Re: about VLC media player for Windows

Clément Stenac zorglub at via.ecp.fr
Thu Oct 21 12:19:27 CEST 2004

Hello,

> 1. Is it possible to introduce your VLC media player for Windows in the magazine?
> (Yes/No)
Yes

> 2. Is it possible to contain your VLC media player for Windows in the CD-ROM?
> (Yes/No)
Yes. To fullfill the terms of the GPL licence, you need either to
provide the sources on the CDROM or to propose to your customers to mail
them the source if they want it.

> 3. Is it possible to introduce your VLC media player for Windows in our homepage?
> (Yes/No)
Yes

> 4. Is it possible to make a link to your VLC media player for Windows in our homepage and in the HTML menu of the CD-ROM?           (Yes/No)
Yes

> 1. What is the official name and the latest version ofVLC media player for Windows ?(0.7.2?)
>   (we would like to contain the latest version)

"VLC media player 0.7.2" is currently the latest version.

If you can wait enough, version 0.8.0 should be released this week-end
(no guarantee)

> 2. Name of the archive file is vlc-0.7.2-win32.exe
True

> 3. Name of the copyright holder by November 13,2004
"The VideoLAN team" or "VideoLAN"

> 4. Is it a free software or a shareware? freeware
Free software, GPL licence

Windows, MacOS X, GNU/Linux, ... (see www.videolan.org/vlc)

> 6. Necessary plugins (e.g., Visual Basic plugin), if any.
None

Page:http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html
Soft:http://download.videolan.org/pub/vlc/0.7.2/win32/vlc-0.7.2-win32.exe

Use videolan at videolan.org as contact address