[vlc] The illustration of the parameters of 'configure' shell command

Wang jian wadxesfc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:34:18 CEST 2004

hi,all
I want to cross-compile the vlc to an embedded os platform.(btw, I  have
already read the HOWTO  by Marc Ariberti in the doc directory.)My
problem is:
I don't know how to use the 'configure' shell command, which I guess is
more important  and complicated than 'make' shell command.

please tell me which related parameters should I add ?
like, 'build, host,target,ARCH,with-tuning??,CC,CFLAGS,LDFLAGS,etc)
for example, the meaning of 'build' of configure is not very clear to me,what
does it mean by 'guessed'?

And , if anybody has seen the 'configure' file , you can find a line which
sets 'cross-compiler' to 'no'...Then if I want to cross-compile vlc , should I
change it ?

Thanks in advance.
p.s: I will also be very appreciated if anybody can tell me the whole
 process of cross-compile under the platforms like mine.

                    Joshua Wang