[vlc] Re: audio codec problems

madmax madmax at libertysurf.fr
Wed Oct 27 22:44:27 CEST 2004

$> cat config.log
[...]
$
./configure -q --disable-dvd --disable-dvdplay --disable-dvdnav --disable-dv
dread --disable-libcdio --disable-libcddb --disable-vcdx --disable-cdda --di
sable-vcd --enable-gtk --enable-wxwindows --enable-ffmpeg --enable-debug --e
nable-v4l --with-ffmpeg-tree=/usr/local/ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1
[...]

$> ./vlc -l

[module]              [description]
[...]
ffmpeg                ffmpeg audio/video
decoder((MS)MPEG4,SVQ1,H263,WMV,WMA)
ffmpeg                ffmpeg chroma conversion
ffmpeg                ffmpeg audio/video encoder
ffmpeg                ffmpeg demuxer
mpga                  MPEG-I/II audio demuxer
mpgv                  MPEG-I/II video demuxer
ogg                    Ogg stream demuxer
a52                    A/52 parser
a52                    A/52 audio packetizer
[...]

I have all I think.. but what I don't understand is that I can use the MPGA
or A52 codec to stream out, and I could listen to it on a Windows client,
but I can't listen to that sound on Linux using the same codec... :O(

Could the problem come from the audio drivers ?

The problem is always :
"main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the conversion"

Maxime