[vlc] Re: audio codec problems

Gildas Bazin gbazin at altern.org
Wed Oct 27 23:49:47 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 22:44, madmax wrote:
> $> cat config.log
> [...]
> $
> ./configure -q --disable-dvd --disable-dvdplay --disable-dvdnav
--disable-dv
> dread --disable-libcdio --disable-libcddb --disable-vcdx --disable-cdda
--di
> sable-vcd --enable-gtk --enable-wxwindows --enable-ffmpeg --enable-debug
--e
> nable-v4l --with-ffmpeg-tree=/usr/local/ffmpeg-0.4.9-pre1
> [...]
>
> $> ./vlc -l
>
> [module]              [description]
> [...]
> ffmpeg                ffmpeg audio/video
> decoder((MS)MPEG4,SVQ1,H263,WMV,WMA)
> ffmpeg                ffmpeg chroma conversion
> ffmpeg                ffmpeg audio/video encoder
> ffmpeg                ffmpeg demuxer
> mpga                  MPEG-I/II audio demuxer
> mpgv                  MPEG-I/II video demuxer
> ogg                    Ogg stream demuxer
> a52                    A/52 parser
> a52                    A/52 audio packetizer
> [...]
>
> I have all I think.. but what I don't understand is that I can use the
MPGA
> or A52 codec to stream out, and I could listen to it on a Windows client,
> but I can't listen to that sound on Linux using the same codec... :O(
>
> Could the problem come from the audio drivers ?
>
> The problem is always :
> "main audio output error: couldn't find a filter for the conversion"

You still didn't compile with libmad and liba52 support.
You should see these entries when you do:
  mpgatofixed32         MPEG audio decoder
  a52tofloat32          ATSC A/52 (AC-3) audio decoder

You may however be able to use the ffmpeg plugin to decode mpeg audio (and
a52 if it was enabled). Use "vlc --codec ffmpeg yourvideo.mpg".

--
Gildas