[vlc] Cross-compile for Windows

Benjamin Molina benmomo at doctor.upv.es
Thu Oct 28 17:46:09 CEST 2004

hi all,

I would like to cross-compile vlc for Windows. Following the
instructions on the availables sources (both 0.7.1 and 0.7.2) in
/doc/win32/crosss-compile-howto.txt  i'm finding myself unable to carry
out the explanations. Some libraries are not available, such as
linux-cross-mingw32....tar.bz2
This can be solved because Debian (sid, the only one that has automake
 >=1.5) includes mingw32; however, there is no /usr/local/cross-tools
directory to do the compilation.
The SDL libraries are out-of-date and the same occurs with directx.
Is there any available document in videolan that describes
straight-forward all the steps to cross-compile with  a reference to all
dependant libraries?
I haven't test it in vlc 0.8, as it is already in a testing status, but
maybe it is the only available solution, is it?

Thank you very much in advance,
B.M.