[vlc] Re: Error compiling vlc on redhat

Torsten Spindler spindler at hbt.arch.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 9 09:07:34 CEST 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-09 at 06:38, Yong Chu Eu (Ñî×ÓÓÓ) wrote:
> There problem i had!
>
> When i compile wxwindows,i got such a message even i
> install gtk+-1.2.9(from the early i did
> install gtk+-1.2.10 rpm but fail so i try to use rpm
> --force -Uvh gtk+-1.2.9,after that i wish
> to remove the rpm with rpm -e gtk,its stated not
> installed)

You can check with
rpm --verify gtk+ gtk+-devel
if the rpm is properly installed or altered. For interpreting the output
of rpm --verify please look at the man pages and look for --verify.

On the rh9 box I've compiled vlc 0.8.0.test1 the following versions are
installed:

[root at taler vlc-trunk]# rpm -q gtk+
gtk+-1.2.10-25
[root at taler vlc-trunk]# rpm -q  gtk+-devel
gtk+-devel-1.2.10-25
[root at taler vlc-trunk]# rpm -q  wxGTK-devel
wxGTK-devel-2.4.2-4.0.rh9.dag
[root at taler vlc-trunk]# rpm -q  wxGTK
wxGTK-2.4.2-4.0.rh9.dag

Bye,
Torsten