[vlc] Re: Error compiling vlc on redhat

Yong Chu Eu (Ñî×ÓÓÓ) ceyong at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 9 06:38:15 CEST 2004

There problem i had!

When i compile wxwindows,i got such a message even i
install gtk+-1.2.9(from the early i did
install gtk+-1.2.10 rpm but fail so i try to use rpm
--force -Uvh gtk+-1.2.9,after that i wish
to remove the rpm with rpm -e gtk,its stated not
installed)

checking for gtk-config... /usr/local/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.7...
*** 'gtk-config --version' returned 1.2.9, but GTK+
(1.2.10)
*** was found! If gtk-config was correct, then it is
best
*** to remove the old version of GTK+. You may also be
able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment
variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig
if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If gtk-config was wrong, set the environment
variable GTK_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of gtk-config, and
remove the file config.cache
*** before re-running configure
no
checking for gtk-config... (cached)
/usr/local/bin/gtk-config
checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.3...
*** 'gtk-config --version' returned 1.2.9, but GTK+
(1.2.10)
*** was found! If gtk-config was correct, then it is
best
*** to remove the old version of GTK+. You may also be
able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment
variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig
if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If gtk-config was wrong, set the environment
variable GTK_CONFIG
*** to point to the correct copy of gtk-config, and
remove the file config.cache
*** before re-running configure
no
configure: error:
Please check that gtk-config is in path, the directory
where GTK+ libraries are installed (returned by
'gtk-config --libs' command) is in LD_LIBRARY_PATH or
equivalent variable and GTK+ is version 1.2.3 or
above.

[root at localhost wxWindows-20031222]# gtk-config --libs
-L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk
-L/usr/lib -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXext
-lX11 -lm

http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/0.7.2/contrib/wxWindows-20031222.tar.gz

=====