[vlc] Re: Play Multicast Stream without send IGMP join/leave

Pranjal Dutta (prdutta) prdutta at cisco.com
Tue Sep 14 17:06:48 CEST 2004

Hi,
        Thanks for your reply.The region is that I am using VLC as a Plugin
to one Multicast Simulator that sends IGMPv2/v3 join /leave.So VLC should
only open a socket to listen to a Multicast Address/Port (with sending a
IGMPv2/v3 join.leave)and receive the Network Stream and Play.When I start
VLC to receive a Multicast stream by default it sends out IGMPv2/v3 message
and then plays the Video. Once I close the video it sends out the IGMPv2/v3
leave message. I wanted to know if there is any option(without changing the
source code) to receive a listen to a Multicast Address without sending a
IGMP join/leave. Otherwise I will change the source code.

Regards,
Pranjal