[vlc] Re: Question about VLC for the operating sytems Windows/Mac

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Sep 17 18:07:14 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004, Larissa Hube wrote :
> Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> we are producing a CD-ROM for one of our customers, a big German
> telecommunications company. The CD-ROM is going to be distributed to
> private customers - target group: dsl newbies - and comes as an
> inclosure with the new connection package. The target of the CD-ROM is
> to help and advise the customer and to ease their first exposure to the
> internet. Due to that we would like to make your software "VLC"
> available to the customers on this CD-ROM. Is it possible to do that at
> no charge and/or do we need a license?
>
> We are looking forward to your feedback! Please send all conversation by
> email to these addresses:
> to: larissa.hube at bluemars.de
> cc: joerg.barth at bluemars.de

As stated in our FAQ,
http://www.videolan.org/doc/faq/en/index.html#id2785104, VLC is released
under the GNU GPL license. The easiest way to comply with the GPL is to
accompany the binaries with their source code. Basicaly, that meant that
you need to provide all the source packages listed on this page :

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-sources.html

on the CD.

--
BigBen