[vlc] Re: VLC Media Player for MacOS 9

Derk-Jan Hartman hartman at videolan.org
Fri Sep 17 21:00:13 CEST 2004

 From the first entry of the FAQ:

1.1.
  Where can I download VLC for Mac OS 9?

  Where did you read VLC for Mac OS 9 exist? There is not, and will not
be, a version for Mac OS 9.
http://download.videolan.org/images/vlc-os9.png

pre OSX is a completely different system then any of the other systems
we support. Supporting it would require an extreme amount of work for a
platform that is basically dying out. However, if someone offers to
write a OS9 version, he is always welcome...

DJ

On 16 sep 2004, at 12:28, Michael Bernhardt wrote:

> hello,
>
> Can you help me?
>
> I need a player for MacOS 9 but i do´nt can bye a new Computer for
> MacOSX.
> May be, the MacOS9-Version of VLC Player is existing in your Archive?
>
> Please help us.
> Michael

---
Universiteit Twente