[vlc] Re: VLC IGMP Problems

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Sep 17 18:10:48 CEST 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004, Yeliseyev Dmitriy wrote :
> Hallo.
>
> Im using your VLC client and I have the problem.
> Please, excuse me, if my question very simple or may be I miss the solution for this problem in the vlc settings, but for me it is very important.
> I use operational system MS Windows XP Home Edition and the problem is that I can use just IGMPv2 reports about multicast group membership. First times VLC sends IGMPv2 reports, now it starts to send IGMPv3 reports. How can I change this back? How I can configure VLC to send to the router IGMPv2 reports instead of IGMPv3 reports?

It's not VLC who decides whether it sends IGMPv2 or v3 reports, but
rather the OS. The only thing VLC tells to the OS is that it wants to
receive the data sent on a multicast group. The OS should detect itself
if the network supports IGMPv2 or v3.

As a consequence, you problem is rather a Windows XP bug (or
configuration issue) than a VLC one...

--
BigBen