[vlc] Re: VLC and Visual Basic

Benjamin PRACHT bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Sep 17 18:15:08 CEST 2004

On Fri, Sep 17, 2004, jtotten wrote :
> Hello,
>
>     Just downloaded and tried VLC and it seems to work great, I am wondering if there is any kind of plugin to use it in an application I am writing to play videos rather than the WMP because it has some issues and I really like the quality of the vids with VLC.  any help or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

All VLC functions are available through the libvlc. This is the library
called by the vlc main program and the various mozilla plugins. This lib
cna theorically used by any program written in C (or at least with C
bindings).

please also be aware that VLC is relased using the GPL license. That
means that you program will have to be released under a GPL compatible
license too.

--
BigBen