[vlc] Windows NIC Selection for Streaming

Victor Pate vpate at raytheon.com
Fri Apr 1 19:10:15 CEST 2005

I am attempting to use VLC on a Windows 2000 PC with 3 network interfaces to
stream an MPEG2 video over multicast UDP.  My video source in this case is
also MPEG2 over multicast UDP.

My preferred behavior for VLC would be to listen (and transmit IGMP joins)
for the source on all NICs, but to transmit on only one specific interface.
As a fallback, I can deal with listening only on a single interface and
transmitting on a specific, different interface.  However, I am having
difficulty doing this - especially specifying the transmit interface.  I
have adjusted the Windows 2000 NIC binding order, but this doesn't seem to
affect anything.

Any ideas?  My apologies if this topic has been covered before, but I could
not find any documentation exactly related to this.  Thanks.

BTW, I've used the application for at least a couple of years and love it.
:-)

--
Victor Pate