[vlc] Re: Windows NIC Selection for Streaming

Rémi Denis-Courmont courmisch at via.ecp.fr
Sun Apr 3 11:03:43 CEST 2005

Le Vendredi 1 Avril 2005 19:10, Victor Pate a écrit :
> My preferred behavior for VLC would be to listen (and transmit IGMP
> joins) for the source on all NICs, but to transmit on only one
> specific interface.

Which NIC IGMP packets are sent through depends on where holds the route
to the multicast area (usually the default route).

As to where packets are sent to, it is determined by the OS multicast
routing stack. You can however try to enforce a specific interface by
adding '%<interface nubmer>' right after the IP multicast address in
VLC media player, e.g. : '239.255.157.221%1'.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
available for 9 weeks intership this summer