[vlc] Re: Crash on 3 different systems WinXP Home/Logitech QuickcamExpress/VLC 0.8.1/0.7.2

Mark Moriarty mfmbusiness at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 6 03:42:43 CEST 2005

On XP, if you have upgraded to SP2 it is critical to check for new video
drivers for whatever graphics chip the PCs have.

Have you tried doing an Open -- Open Capture Device, and just getting a
local display?  Make sure you plug in a valid value in the dshow size area
-- I would try 160x120 first, then maybe 320x240.

As long as the Webcam is DirectX compliant, it should work, if you do have
whatever logitech directshow drivers are available for the device. A quick
check indicates it's a basic USB camera -- correct?  There's a 2004 driver
out there, should be OK.

98SE could be tougher -- it's a bit iffy, you have to be really careful on
patches/drivers, based on threads I've seen.

Good luck -- it sounds like an excellent project!