[vlc] symbols-problem with vlc-mozilla-plugin

GALAD77 GALAD77 at terra.es
Thu Apr 14 11:00:24 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have included GD functions inside vlc (video_output/vout_pictures.c)
in order to include an image within the video frames. I'm working with
Debian Linux.
VLC does compile and run correctly with these changes, but the vlc-
mozilla-plugin returns the following runtime error:

/usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/firefox-bin: relocation
error: /home/jmn/.mozilla/plugins/libvlcplugin.so: undefined symbol:
gdImageCreate

After this error, mozilla crashes and exits. The vlc-mozilla-plugin
returned no error at compilation time.
How can I include in the mozilla-plugin code GD (libgd) symbols?
I'm not sure if this question is to be sent here or to the developer's
forum.

Thanx in advance,
G.