[vlc] Compiling vlc mozilla plugin howto?

Marcel Ruff MarcelRuff at t-online.de
Fri Apr 15 09:52:43 CEST 2005

Hi again,

i'm still stuck with compiling the mozilla plugin.

Could anybody please send me his/her console output
of a successful mozilla plugin compilation on Linux.

Then i will use these xpidl/gcc commands directly
without the configure/make thingy
which is too complicated for me :-)

thanks for some assistance

Marcel

---------------------------
Hi,

i can't figure out how to compile the vlc mozilla plugin
and how to install it.

I have
* Linux kernel 2.6.8
* vlc from subversion from today
* newest mozilla (release and cvs version)
* gecko-sdk-i686-pc-linux-gnu.tar.gz

I can successfully watch with the compiled standalone vlc client MJPEG
and MPEG-4.

Is there any compilation guide for the mozilla plugin?

Doing

   ./configure --enable-mozilla
   make
   make install

doen't seem to create a plugin  (what is the plugins name??)

Do i need to specify my mozilla-cvs tree or
my /opt/gecko-sdk tree for configure?

Thanks for some help,

Marcel