[vlc] Re: Compiling vlc mozilla plugin howto?

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at planet.nl
Sat Apr 16 14:20:48 CEST 2005

Marcel Ruff wrote:

> Could anybody please send me his/her console output
> of a successful mozilla plugin compilation on Linux.

I would help us a whole lot more if you would show us yours.

The problem is in VLC build structure for the mozilla plugin, there are
some implicite assumptions made that are not valid on your setup.
I am creating a fix for this now, so that those assumptions can be
overriden.

> Then i will use these xpidl/gcc commands directly
> without the configure/make thingy
> which is too complicated for me :-)

Unfortunately that won't solve other peoples problem with the mozilla
plugin.

Greetings,
Jean-Paul Saman.