[vlc] Re: Compiling vlc mozilla plugin howto?

Marcel Ruff MarcelRuff at t-online.de
Sat Apr 16 16:41:21 CEST 2005

Hi Jean-Paul,

i just read the http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/
INSTALL file (the mozilla plugin for mplayer)
here a quote:

---------------------
"
To get the Mozilla development files there are two options
1. mozilla-devel package (includes pkg-config files)
2. gecko-sdk

1. The mozilla-devel package may come with your distribution and it is
an optional install try using apt-get or yum or your package installer
2. The gecko-sdk can be obtained from mozilla.org (version 1.6 or higher
of the SDK are the only ones that work)
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.6/
"

i think that using the frozen 'gecko-sdk'
from
  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/plugins/
is the way to go.

I will now try your patch, thanks a lot,

Marcel