[vlc] Re: wmv3...dvd jon...vc1 codec..

list at scttransport.dk list at scttransport.dk
Sun Apr 17 23:04:15 CEST 2005

As far as I remember jon had implemented a vlc module to use the Microsoft
reference decoder, making vlc able to play the wmv3 files on all
architectures (vlc can atm. only play them in windows)

As far as I remember when I asked him if he was going to release it, he said
he would prefer to wait until the VC-1/VC-9 or whatever Microsoft calls
their platform/technology was finished.

So hopefully it will be available some time soon, as in within a year.

Best regards
Jonas Larsen