[vlc] vlc incompatibities

GALAD77 GALAD77 at terra.es
Wed Apr 20 10:29:48 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm trying to use vlc 0.82 svn (last version); however, there seems to
be many problems with older version. I'm using Debian testing.
Let
vlc sid-svn : latest svn version from vlc 0.8.2 of last day
vlc testing:  vlc version available in Debian testing repositories

Several questions/issuess appear:
1) if vlc sid-svn works both as server and server, there seems to be no
problem

2) if vlc sid-svn works as streaming server (udp multicast) and vlc
testing works as player, there exists the following error:
* iod_label:17
* =============
* tag:0x1
ERR: tag != 0x02

3) if vlc testing works as streaming server (udp multicast) and vlc
sid-svn works as player, everything works OK

4) if vls (with V4L support) works as streaming server (udp multicast)
and vlc sid-svn works as player, I get a 'Segmentation fault'.
Everything works well if vlc testing is used.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

G.