[vlc] videolan error

GALAD77 GALAD77 at terra.es
Wed Apr 20 15:29:42 CEST 2005

Hello,

I'm getting two udp multicast streams with two vlc instances; only one
is displayed via a shell script that commutes between both.
I'm using vlc 0.7.0 with Debian Linux. After a few hours, something goes
wrong (black screen when displaying video) and I get the following error:
[00000153] Xvideo video output error: cannot allocate shared image data
(No space left on device)

[00000153] main video output error: plugin was unable to allocate at
least one direct buffer

Afterwards, the following error is continously displayed on the screen:
"[00000152] main decoder error: decoder is leaking pictures, reseting
the heap"

If I then try to launch another vlc version (even 0.8.2-svn from debian
testing) I get the same error.

Any idea what may cause such a behaviour?

Thanx,
G.